Views: 2 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-09-22 Origin: Site
Regular maintenance of mold parts plays a vital role in the life of the mold. The annual maintenance program required for each injection molding location depends on the different mold cycle times. Here are some mold parts overhaul tips that every mold user can use to ensure the effective operation of mold components, such as hot runners, heaters, guide pillars and ejectors, molding inserts, etc., to prevent unexpected situations.
1. Check for warning rust or moisture at the air diffusion holes. Finding rust or moisture near the hot runner vent means internal condensation or a possible water pipe break. Humidity can trigger a short circuit that is fatal to the heater. If the machine is not running year round and needs to be shut down at night or on weekends, then the chances of this condensation increase.
2. Remember to remind the operator not to "clean out" the hot nozzle tip at the gate. If the operator sees a small piece of stainless steel at the mold spout, it could be a spot spout assembly. "Cleaning out" what appears to be an obstruction can often ruin the hot nozzle head. To avoid damaging the hot nozzle, verify the nozzle type of the hot runner system before taking action, and ensure all operators are trained to recognize the different types of nozzles they are touching.
3. Slide the stopper. For machines that run year-round, this work should be done weekly. And the end of the year is an excellent time to give these parts routine lubrication maintenance.
4. Interactively calibrate the resistance value of the heater. You should have measured the resistance value of the heater when you first started using it, and the end of the year is the time to measure it again and compare it. If the resistance value has a ±10% fluctuation, it is time to consider replacing the heater to ensure it does not fail at a critical point in the production process. If the initial resistance value is never measured, measure it once and use the resulting value as reference data for future inspections of the heater.
5. Look for wear between the guide pillar and guide bushing. Look for traces such as scraping or rubbing, this kind of mold part wear is caused by lack of lubrication. If the marks only appear, then you can still extend the guide pillar and guide bush life by adding lubricant to them. If the wear is already severe, it is time to replace the parts with new ones. Otherwise, the cavity and core parts may not fit well, resulting in parts with different cavity wall thicknesses.
6、Check the water flow. Connect a hose at the water line outlet and let the water stay in the barrel through the hose. If the water flowing out is not clear or has a color, rust may have occurred, and a poor water flow means a blockage somewhere. If you find these problems, drill through all the hoses again (or take whatever method you most often use to clean them) to ensure a clear flow. Improving the plant's water treatment system can prevent future problems caused by rust and blockages.
7. Clean the thimble. After a year, the thimble will become dirty due to gas hoarding and film-like impurities. It is recommended to clean it well with a mold cleaning agent every 6~12 months. After cleaning, apply a lubricant layer to the ejector pin to prevent scuffing or breakage.
8. Check the radius area of the hot nozzle for fractures. The fracture is caused by the loose, hardened plastic pieces left in the hot nozzle of the machine during forwarding injection by the clamping force from the barrel assembly. A misalignment of the centerline can also cause the problem. Both possibilities are considered when finding a break. The gate sleeve should be replaced promptly if the damage is severe enough to prevent petal-like leakage.
The above is the daily maintenance of mold parts. As a professional mold parts manufacturer, the function of mold parts is our quality guarantee to customers. We will strictly enforce the maintenance of mold parts and equipment to provide our customers with the highest quality mold parts products. If you have a custom demand for precision mold parts, welcome to contact us, Shengqi precision molding manufacturer